Five teenagers arrested in counter terrorism raids were allegedly planning IS-inspired attacks on police at Anzac Day events in Melbourne.
Senior police confirmed the men, aged between 18 and 19 from Melbourne's southeast, were associates of Numan Haider, who was shot dead by police in Endeavour Hills last year after stabbing two officers.
Australian Federal Police acting Deputy Commissioner Neil Gaughan also confirmed some of the men had attended the Al Furqan Information Centre in Springvale, which has been investigated by counter terrorism detectives in the past.
Two of the men, both 18 from Hallam and Hampton Park, were arrested on terror-related offence, while a third 18-year-old from Narre Warren was arrested on weapons offences.
"(The first two men) are likely to be charged with a number of offences relating to preparing for and acting on an terrorist act and possessing prohibited items," Deputy Commissioner Gaughan told reporters on Saturday morning.
Two men, aged 18 and 19 from Narre Warren, are also in custody assisting police.
More than 200 officers were involved in executing seven search warrants at properties in Narre Warren, Hampton Park, Hallam and Eumemmerring early on Saturday morning.
Investigations began in late March but escalated to Saturday's raids based on information received earlier this week.
Both the AFP and Victoria Police have declined to give specifics of the alleged planned attacks, saying they're still investigating.
"We would describe (the targets) as Anzac activities in general ... activities in the Melbourne area," Victoria Police acting Deputy Commissioner Shane Patton said.
"I will say the attacks related to edged weapons."