Kiwi UFC fighter Dylan Andrews will be in the stands rather than the cage when the mixed martial arts promotion makes its first appearance in New Zealand on June 28.
The Gold Coast-based 34-year-old, who is slowly making his way back from surgery after he badly dislocated his shoulder during his bout with Clint Hester at UFC Fight Night 33 in Brisbane last year, was thought to be a chance to recover in time to be on the card at Vector Arena.
"I won't be ready. I'm not expected to be clear till at least September,'' Andrews told the Herald. "I'll obviously be at the event.''
Andrews (17-5-1) is also navigating a drop from middleweight to welterweight and will be in New Zealand shortly to help promote the Auckland show, which will be headlined by Kiwi James Te Huna against American Nate Marquardt (32-13-2).
Te Huna (16-7) is dropping from light heavyweight to middleweight for the five-round fight and it will mark the first time he has competed in the main event on a UFC card.
Veteran heavyweight Mark Hunt was approached about being the top bill in Auckland but the 40-year-old is still waiting for his hand to mend after it was badly damaged during his five-round draw against Antonio `Bigfoot' Silva in Brisbane in December.
Hunt's eventual return to the cage, likely to be in August at the earliest, could come against 14th-ranked heavyweight Brendan Schaub after the pair engaged in a war of words on Twitter this week.
Schaub was a potential opponent for Hunt if he was to return at Vector Arena but the 'Super Samoan' has previously said a fight with Schaub would be like taking a backwards step given he is ranked eighth; although it's widely-known Hunt will never turn down a fight.
The pair agreed over Twitter that if Hunt was able to submit Schaub he would win both fighters' purses from a potential bout, while Schaub would claim all the cash on offer if he was able to knock Hunt out.
There's been no official word from the UFC about booking this meeting but their matchmakers regularly give fans the fights they want to see and are open to scheduling matches suggested by fighters.
The 10-3 Schaub has an improved wrestling game and has won his past two fights in the UFC, while the 9-8-1 Hunt is a stand-up fighter with impressive knockout power from his days as a champion kickboxer.
Before Hunt lost to former heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos at UFC 160 in Las Vegas in May, the Sydney-based brawler was on a four-fight win streak.
Hunt bounced back with an impressive showing against Silva where it was later revealed the Brazilian had an elevated level of testosterone and was subsequently banned for nine months.