And Australian rugby league’s NRL said any player who joined the breakaway league would be banned for 10 years.
The British and Irish Lions this week said any player who signed up would not be picked for the 2027 women’s tour to New Zealand.
The R360 competition has backing from private investors and 2003 Rugby World Cup winner Tindall is the public face of the project, which is shrouded in secrecy.
Reports say it would involve six to eight men’s teams and four women’s teams in a franchise league.
But there are concerns among rugby chiefs about where the competition would fit into an already packed calendar.
The new date for the planned launch would avoid the men’s Rugby World Cup in 2027 and the landmark first women’s Lions tour.
But the inaugural Club World Cup is also planned for 2028.
Tindall said the aim of R360 was to create a “global showcase league” to boost rugby’s appeal.
He said many of the world’s best players, both men and women, continued to express strong interest in joining the breakaway competition.
The R360 statement on Friday also included a section addressing what it called “misinformation” about the proposed competition.
“There has been much misinformation briefed out about the league,” it said.
“Rather than rigorously address this on a case-by-case, R360 has kept its counsel to minimise the resultant impact on players and rugby stakeholders, while readying an exciting launch that would unveil the full proposition, involving more than 200 leading players in the game.
“After players were threatened with the punishment of no longer representing their country or being banned from returning to the NRL, only a handful of players from around the world withdrew from the project.
“In the same period, R360 added a further dozen Test match players to its ranks.”
R360 had been hoping to gain approval from the sport’s global governing body, World Rugby, at its council meeting next year.