Voke, who plays on the Asian Tour, began the year with a victory in the Webex Players Series Sydney event in New South Wales and continued his fine form on Australian soil, taking home about $179,000.
Puig shared the overnight lead with local hope Anthony Quayle, caddied by Kiwi Steve Williams, and Ricardo Gouveia of Portugal at 13-under.
Puig jumped clear of the field with three birdies over the opening four holes to take a two-shot lead at the turn. With six holes to play and at 17-under, he had two Aussies hot on his heels in fellow LIV Golf player Marc Leishman and two-time winner Min Woo Lee.
Voke jumped into a share of second with his fourth birdie of the day at the 15th hole but was still three shots back from Puig.
The chasing pack needed a Puig mistake but it never happened as the 23-year-old claimed his third professional win and third in three years. It’s his first on the DP World Tour.
“It feels amazing. Really had a lot of close calls in a few events last year and this year and wasn’t able to pull through. It’s unbelievable, especially to win here in Australia,” Puig said.
The last Spaniard to win the Australian PGA was Seve Ballesteros in 1981.
The next-best Kiwi was Hillier, who had six birdies for the day along with three bogeys to card a 68, his fourth round in the 60s for the week, to finish in a share of fifth at 14-under.
Kobori had back-to-back birdies to start his third round before having a par on the remaining 16 holes. He continued the par run on Sunday through four holes until a bogey at the fifth saw him move back to 11-under. That was followed by a second bogey at the sixth hole and suddenly he was six shots adrift. A third bogey at the 10th hole saw Kobori drop out of the top 10.
It became a day to forget for Kobori, who held the overnight lead going into the weekend. No birdies and four bogeys to his name, slipping down to eight-under and a share of 25th with a 75.
Overnight leaders Quayle (11-under) and Gouveia (12-under) also dropped out of the top five.
Of other notable players, defending home champion Elvis Smylie and Kiwi Josh Geary both finished at nine-under while New Zealand Open winner Ryan Peake, another Aussie, was a further shot back.
Auckland’s Ryan Fox finished the tournament at six-under after carding a 68 in his final round. His hopes of victory all but ended on Saturday when he dropped down the leaderboard with a two-over 75, which included a stretch of five straight bogeys to start the back nine. It was a much better turn home on Sunday as the world No 41 birdied two of the final three holes to finish in a share of 39th.
“It was a bit of a grind, to be honest. There was some rust in there. Through 27 holes, I was quite excited about things and a bit sloppy from there, made a couple of silly mistakes really struggled on the greens over the weekend especially,” Fox said.
“Lots of positives. Tee to green was really solid this week, just made it pretty hard for myself when you’re struggling to hole it from 10 feet and the greens are good, they’re rolling great, just a little bit of grain and I really struggled with that side of it.”
Fox will remain across the Ditch, where he will compete in the Australian Open at Royal Melbourne, an event never won by a Kiwi.
“Obviously one of the great golf courses in the world. I think everyone in the field is looking forward to it next week. It’s been what, 12 years since we’ve had a big event at Royal Melbourne. I played the Aussie Masters there in 2013 and I’ve got great memories of the golf course. I’m looking forward to seeing it again next week. It’s a real treat to play a golf course like that,” he said.