A man once jailed a brutal home invasion where he hog tied an elderly woman and now wanted for a recent aggravated robbery is on parole.

Rangi Roy Pau was released from prison in April 18 this year after serving about six years of a 7-and-a-half year sentence.

The Herald revealed yesterday that he is wanted by police in relation to a recent aggravated robbery.

Man behind brutal home invasion now wanted for alleged aggravated robbery


The Parole Board has also issued a recall warrant to return Pauu to prison for an alleged breach of his conditions.

In March 2010 Pauu and two other men invaded the Miranda home of Barbara Ann Glover, 71, and her daughter Ann Shanley Glover, 41.

The women were sleeping when the men broke into the house at about 11.30pm.

The men then bound, hog tied and restrained each woman's arms and legs together with tape and cloth.

They then ransacked the house, stealing about $23,000 worth of property.

All three men were jailed.

The Herald has learned that Pauu was initially declined parole in 2016.

He had a "misconduct pending" meaning he was facing disciplinary action in prison.


However, after that the board said Pauu's "overall behaviour has improved and he has consistently demonstrated a high level of self-determination/motivation with regard to working towards a successful release".

"He is said to spend his time in prison constructively by regularly exercising and actively participating in religious services and cultural activities in the fale, as evidenced by his schedule on the custodial management system.

"Overall Mr Pauu appears to have maintained the good behaviour management skills he learned on the Drug Treatment Unit six month programme."

Board panel convener Judge Jane Lovell Smith said Pauu had "continued to actively engage in educational courses" offered in prison.

"He remains motivated however to seek employment on release in the building industry," she said.

"Taking all these matters into account the board is satisfied that should Mr Pauu be released on parole he would not pose an undue risk to the safety of the community.

"Parole will be revoked if there are any further misconducts or incidents prior to release."

Pauu was released on a number of conditions including attending rehabilitation programmes, counselling and treatment as directed by his probation officer; to attend an anger management assessment and if required, complete a programme; not to possess or consume alcohol or use a controlled drug or psychoactive substance and to reside at an approved address and not leave without the permission of his probation officer.

He was also ordered to abide by a strict curfew for the first three months of his release meaning he was not allowed to leave his approved address between the hours of 10pm and 6am daily without the prior written approval of a Probation Officer.

Acting Detective Senior Sergeant John de Heer said Pauu had links to Auckland and Wellington.

He encouraged Pauu to hand himself in to police as soon as possible.

Can you help?

If you know where Pauu is contact the Auckland police on 09 302 6400.