Aucklanders wanting to celebrate Guy Fawkes on November 5 must find a public display or stay in their backyards, the council says.
Fireworks were banned from public places in May this year with the aim of protecting people, animals and property from the risks of fireworks.
They had previously been banned in some parts of the region but now they are banned year-round in public places across Auckland.
Auckland Council's community development and safety committee chairwoman Cathy Casey said the ban allowed people and their pets to enjoy public places such as beaches and parks without the nuisance and risk of injury from uncontrolled use of fireworks.
"The ban also protects vegetation and property from fireworks damage, which unfortunately can be a regular occurrence around Guy Fawkes night," she said.
"Public fireworks displays are a great way to enjoy fireworks with your community and the health and safety risks are well managed."
Fireworks go on sale this Sunday and will be available until Guy Fawkes night.
Public fireworks displays this year:
• 31 October - Clevedon Fireworks, Clevedon Showgrounds
• 14 November - Papakura Fireworks, Massey Park.
Gates at the following volcanic cones will close at the earlier time of 6pm from Sunday, November 2 to Sunday, November 9 to reduce congestion and the risk to people as they walk to the summits to view firework displays:
• Takarunga - Mt Victoria
• Maungawhau - Mt Eden
• Mt Albert
• Mt Roskill
• Maungakiekie - One Tree Hill Domain
• Maungarei - Mt Wellington.
Next trending article: Auckland rates move: What it means for you