* Cluster confusion - all you need to know
* Uni students want masks, distancing before returning to lectures
* Derek Cheng: Why Cabinet's level 1 tease is out of step with its usual cautious approach
* Covid-affected All Blacks season: Bledisloe Cup dates finally confirmed
* Sweating it: The impact that Covid has had on gyms
* 83 active cases in NZ, with three people in hospital; worldwide there have been 29.3 million cases and 930,000 deaths
A large convoy has congregated in Auckland for the tangihanga of a gang member, despite alert level 2 restrictions that prohibit more than 50 people attending.
A raucous send-off for the deceased involving well over 100 people - contrary to current gathering limits - was captured in a video shared on Facebook Live.
In the video published on Monday, dozens of people spilled on to the road to escort the arriving hearse, touching the car and clasping the hands of the passengers seated inside.
Hordes of people packed in even closer still as the casket was carried onto a private address in Papakura.
An awaiting group performed a haka to meet those coming on to the property.
Counties Manukau South area commander Inspector Dave Glossop said police were aware a tangihanga was taking place for a Mongrel Mob member.
"We have had a small number of calls for service at the Papakura address in the last 24 hours, however no one has been arrested," he said.
"Police staff are in regular contact with people from the address and are continuing to remind them of the alert level 2 restrictions currently in place in Auckland.
"We recognise that the significant number of gang members present at the address will be alarming to members of our community and we encourage anyone who is in a situation where they feel unsafe to contact police immediately on 111."
Police were monitoring the situation and continuing to use the educational approach with those at the address, he said.
Mourners again converged to farewell the man at the Manukau Memorial Gardens on Tuesday afternoon with video again shared on Facebook Live showing dozens of people standing outside.
Due to Covid-19 prevention efforts, there are currently extra restrictions on social gatherings, funerals and tangihanga in the Auckland region.
Funerals and tangihanga may have up to 50 people and have to meet other conditions set by the Ministry of Health which includes registering.
If a viewing of the deceased person or tūpāpaku is being held in a private place there can be multiple viewings for groups of up to 10 people at any one time, provided each group does not mix.
Nikki Marchant-Ludlow, manager of Cemetery Services said a cremation was held earlier on Tuesday afternoon in relation to the tangihanga.
"Whānau and friends went into a cremation viewing room, not the chapel," she said.
"A maximum of 20 people are allowed into these viewings, and this was respected."
Police were monitoring the situation, including at the Manukau Memorial Gardens, she said.
"We recognise that during this unprecedented time of Covid-19 restrictions, cemetery service regulations can create added distress for people grieving the loss of a loved one.
"Funeral directors carry out the service, and care for those grieving. They also keep records of those who are involved in the ceremony, should they be required by council or for contact tracing."
Covid tracer QR codes were available to scan at the Manukau Memorial Gardens and all Cemetery Services sites, Marchant-Ludlow said.