It's been a topsy turvy year in entertainment, judging by the biggest stories that have dominated headlines at the NZ Herald this year.
But by far and away our biggest story of the year was Adele's visit in February to play a run of three record-breaking shows in Auckland.
It was her third and final show during an Auckland downpour that generated the most traffic, thanks to Adele's admission that she may never tour again.
"Touring isn't something I'm good at ... applause makes me feel a bit vulnerable. I don't know if I will ever tour again. The only reason I've toured is you. I'm not sure if touring is my bag," she told the 40,000-plus crowd.
Adele called her tour "my greatest accomplishment in my career" and burst into tears while telling the crowd the reason she'd done it was because of their support.
Read the full story here.
NZ Herald entertainment's top stories of the year:
1. Adele came, performed and conquered
2. The Block's big, bonkers season
3. Justin Bieber parties in Queenstown
4. Sickening moment at rapper's Auckland show
5. Jono breaks down on Jono and Ben
6. Lorde's year was full of Melodrama
7. Death of a grunge icon
8. Sensing Murder a 'gruesome sham'
9. 25 Years at TVNZ and no farewell
10. Jack Tame v. Jacinda