You are what you eat. Match foods to parts of the body for optimum health benefits:
1. Healthy Bones: Bony-looking foods such as rhubarb, rich in vitamin K, and celery, rich in silicon, are both good for bones and healthy joints.
2. Heart to Heart: Tomatoes have four chambers and are red, just like the heart and they are proven to reduce the risks of heart disease. Unlike many other fruits and vegetables, they are even better for you when cooked.
3. Sight for Sore Eyes: Slice a carrot and the round circle will show a likeness to an eye, complete with pupil and iris. They contain beta-carotene and antioxidants, both helpful for eyesight issues.
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
4. Brainy Food: Walnuts resemble tiny brains, with left and right hemispheres. It's no surprise then that they're good for brain function and contain serotonin, believed to increase a feeling of wellbeing.
5. Round Fruit: Lemons and grapefruit with limonoids and vitamin C are believed to be helpful in preventing breast cancer.