The Dalgona coffee trend has taken the internet by storm after first appearing on TikTok - but here's a twist for the adults.
You can now make the whipped coffee treat with a boozy twist, as a spirits and cocktail specialist Lucy Morton has shared her recipe for a whipped espresso martini on Metro.uk.
• Coronavirus Covid-19: What is Dalgona coffee? The whipped coffee trend taking over the internet during lockdown
• Behind the rise of cafe culture
• Five cool coffee trends coming to NZ
• Research reveals what coffee actually does to your body
You'll need cognac, such as Courvoisier, so have a rummage through your alcohol cabinet to see what you have on hand.
You can use a cocktail shaker but if you don't have one at home, you can use a protein shaker in a pinch.
To make a Dalgona espresso martini:
2 tbsp instant coffee
2 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp hot water
50ml milk (oat or almond milk will work if you want to make a dairy-free version)
50ml Courvoisier VSOP or other cognac
25ml vanilla/caramel/butterscotch syrup OR 12.5ml vanilla essence and 12.5ml sugar syrup
Electric or hand whisk
Cocktail shaker or protein shaker
1. Whisk the coffee, sugar and water together until light brown and peaks form when removing whisk.
2. In cocktail shaker, add the 25ml vanilla/caramel/butterscotch syrup OR 12.5ml vanilla essence and 12.5ml sugar syrup together with the milk and Courvoisier VSOP.
3. Shake with ice, strain into chilled martini glass. Spoon over Dalgona mixture and top with coffee or chocolate. Cheers!