A warning has been sent out to parents over a terrifying new "challenge" sweeping the internet, that has been linked to the death of a 12-year-old girl who took her own life.
The sick game, known as "Momo", has spread to several social media platforms including WhatsApp, Facebook and YouTube.
Authorities are investigating following the death of the young girl in Argentina, after she reportedly played the game.
According to police, the game involves people being challenged to communicate with an unknown number, with users reporting Momo replied with violent images and players being threatened if they refused to follow the game's "orders".
The profile picture for Momo is a cropped image of a disturbing sculpture of a woman with distorted features.
Momo is believed to be similar to the Blue Whale challenge that encouraged people to kill themselves and resulted in 130 deaths in Russia.
• Lifeline: 0800 543 354 (available 24/7)
• Suicide Crisis Helpline: 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO) (available 24/7)
• Youth services: (06) 3555 906
• Youthline: 0800 376 633
• Kidsline: 0800 543 754 (available 24/7)
• Whatsup: 0800 942 8787 (1pm to 11pm)
• The Word
• Depression helpline: 0800 111 757 (available 24/7)
• Rainbow Youth: (09) 376 4155
• CASPER Suicide Prevention
If it is an emergency and you feel like you or someone else is at risk, call 111.