A simple domestic decision on whether or not to open a cupboard has driven the internet into a frenzy.
A frustrated mother has taken the picture, which showed a large pile of porcelain plates slipping off the shelf.
The plates were pushing against the glass door and were mostly likely to smash if the cupboard was to be opened.
The picture was posted to Baoliao Commune, a Taiwan-based Facebook community, on November 13.
A Facebook user, named Tseng Shao-Tsen, said in the post: "[This is] a cupboard that can never be opened."
In the post, a member of staff from Baoliao Commune, commented: "Let bygones by bygones. Buy some news ones.
Tseng, from Hsinchu, Taiwan, told MailOnline that the picture was taken by a friend of his, who was a stay-at-home mother.
Tseng said she was shocked and frustrated when she saw what happened to the cupboard, so she wanted him to help her seek help from the internet.
The post has received 15,000 reactions and 439 comments as of writing.
Tseng said his friend had managed to open the cupboard safely.
He told MailOnline: "She opened one door slightly and used her hand to hold the plates, then she pushed the door further."
He said: "All plates were safe."
Web users chip in: Clever ways to save the plates
Hundreds of Facebook users have left comments on Baoliao Commune, suggesting ways to open the cupboard without breaking the plates.
• "Tilt the cupboard backwards, then open."
• "Put some thick blankets on the floor before opening the door; or ask someone to hold a blanket with them tightly to catch the falling plates."
• "Break a pane of glass of the cabinet door and take the bowls out that way - instead of trying to open the door."
• "Sell it to the museum and name it the 'Frozen in Time' series."
• "Put the cupboard down horizontally, the plate should fall back. The other way is to open it ever so slightly, then use a metal coat hanger to secure the plate at the bottom, at the same time keep sliding the door until the gap is large enough for your hand to fit in, then you can push up the plates with your hands."
• "Press the door while you slide it slowly until you can fit your hand in."
• "Tape the cupboard with scallop tape, then leave it for your grandchildren to deal with; or save it as a future dowry for your daughter."
Source: Facebook/Baoliao Commune