It's hard not to be inspired by the colours of our natural landscapes. Forest greens, russet-toned fields and azure lakes evoke a sense of calm and ease. It's little wonder then that such a palette has become the main focus for this season's handbag offerings, items designed to carry your belongings day-in and day-out.
In her pre-fall collection, Marni's creative director Consuela Castiglioni explored colours inspired by the landscape, and her tote handbag complements the collection's interesting colour combinations, including sky blue, desert brown and khaki green. In theory it might seem eccentric but, when pulled together, it offers the perfect balance of colour.
Deadly Ponies are a local favourite; their new line of lavender and moss green suede bags are a welcome addition in a sea of basic black. Designer Liam Bowden has cornered the local market with an ever-evolving line of accessories that represents our growing preference for New Zealand-designed luxury goods.
The collection is also accompanied by a bespoke range of made-to-order trench coats with a nod to the 70s, and are a special piece for those willing to invest in something unique.
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
What's also great about a bag in an earthy colour is that it offers plenty of inspiration for those who prefer to wear more classic, subdued tones. Black, denim blue, crisp whites, and tailored suiting all provide a fresh canvas for an interesting coloured handbag from which you'll get plenty of mileage this season.
1. Mansur Gavriel "Circle Bag", $2065, from Fabric.
2. Saben "Yasmin" tote $420.
3. French Connection backpack $109.90.
4. Deadly Ponies "Marble Man" clutch $295.
5. Anina Bing "Capri" travel bag, $1199, from Superette.
6. Dior patent calfskin bag $3100.
7. Elizabeth & James "Cynnie" sling backpack, $869, from Net-a-Porter.
8. Mark Cross "Hadley" cross-body bag, $2285, from Matches Fashion.
9. Sashenka "Paige" satchel, $129, from Smith & Caughey's.
• Christian Dior (09) 373 4849
• Deadly Ponies (09) 522 5228
• Fabric (09) 366 4528
• French Connection (09) 523 3950
• Matches Fashion
• Seed Heritage (09) 376 3850
• Smith & Caughey's (09) 377 4770
• Superette (09) 360 2360