Jarryd Hayne has formally denied allegations he raped a virgin, saying the sex was consensual and the woman even ordered an Uber to take them back to his home.
The former NFL star said she was "not injured at all" and that they had "sexual interaction" but not "sexual intercourse", according to court documents obtained by the Daily Mail.
The woman, identified only as "JV", accused the athlete of sexually assaulting her at his home in San Jose, California, while he was playing for the San Francisco 49ers.
In the response filed by Hayne on March 1, the 30-year-old denied all allegations of wrongdoing and said the woman "consented to all actions that took place, including all actions she now claims were non-consensual".
Hayne, who now plays for the Parramatta Eels, has asked the sexual battery suit be dumped.
The NRL player claimed JV followed him out of the Santa Clara bar after a night of drinking in December 2015 and booked the Uber to take them to his home, where she alleges the assault took place.
"The plaintiff followed the defendant out of a bar on the night of the alleged incident, ordered an Uber using the defendant's phone to take them both to where the defendant was staying, and willingly engaged in sexual interaction that did not include sexual intercourse," the court papers state.
Hayne said JV had a "cordial conversation" with one of his friends at his home the next morning, before heading back to her apartment. She "did not report, show or claim any injuries to anyone after the alleged incident", the court papers add.
Her lawyers say the woman was too scared to report the alleged assault for several months, but went to the police after receiving treatment for severe pelvic floor pain in April 2016.
JV, a restaurant worker, filed her suit in December last year, alleging Hayne sexually assaulted her while she was "unable to consent" to sex after they met through friends after a 49ers game.
The woman claims Hayne took her back to his luxury San Jose apartment in an Uber, before he allegedly grabbed her and turned her around "so she was no longer facing him" and said "no kissing" before raping her, "causing her significant physical pain".
She said that when she woke the next morning, she was "still experiencing tremendous vaginal pain" and "was naked, covered in a single sheet on a bed with a large pool of blood next to her".
San Jose police handed the investigation to the Santa Clara County district attorney's office, but it declined to file charges in October 2016, saying prosecutors did not believe they had enough evidence for a conviction.
The civil lawsuit filed in December last year includes allegations of sexual battery, gender violence, infliction of emotional distress and negligence.
Ramy Qutami, of Madison Marcus Law Firm, said Hayne had previously addressed the complaint and the DA's office had not pursued it because of insufficient evidence.
"Mr Hayne unequivocally and vehemently denies the allegations which are the subject of the civil complaint," he said.
In January, Hayne categorically denied the allegations said he would defend himself.
"The last week or so have been personally distressing for not only me but my family and friends, as civil proceedings making serious allegations have been publicly aired and certain media have followed me on a personal pre-planned trip to the other side of the world," he said in a statement released by his lawyers.
"I was not given any notice of these proceedings prior to any media reports.
"I confirm that I unequivocally and vehemently deny the allegations made against me and I will be vigorously defending the matter. As everyone should understand, I cannot publicly discuss anything relating to this matter as it is now the subject of legal proceedings in the US."
A mediation has been set for next month.