Kim Kardashian and Kanye West were fighting in the weeks leading up to his breakdown, a new report claims.

In the aftermath of her Paris robbery ordeal the reality star apparently felt like she couldn't lean on the 'workaholic' rapper, who was becoming increasingly 'paranoid' and not sleeping, the Daily Mail claims.

"It's just been hell for them," a source told Us Weekly.

The 39-year-old Famous hitmaker had apparently become "unbearable" to live with and the duo, who share a 11,000 sq ft Bel Air home together, were fighting a lot.


"He would be up all night ranting about things," said the insider who added that Kanye "unraveled" when he realized he couldn't do it all.

"He'd be up drawing, writing and sketching, or pacing and doing push-ups. he would not calm down and go to bed."

Things reportedly came to a head when West's on-stage rants became increasingly worrying and controversial, ending one of his concerts after just three songs.

In Sacramento, California the rapper launched into a 15-minute tirade attacking friend Beyonce and begging Jay Z to call him before walking off stage.

Two days later the producer cancelled his remaining Saint Pablo tour dates.

"Kanye's so used to getting her constant support and coddling, but it's not always about him," the source told Us Weekly.

"She didn't know if she could take it anymore, and this time she refused to support him," a source close to Kardashian revealed.

It all became too much for Kardashian, 36, who, at the time of West's breakdown was planning her first public appearance since the jewellery heist at the Angel Ball in New York to honour her late father Robert.

But as she left for the east coast, the Keeping Up With the Kardashians star informed her husband of two years that she needed a break and told him she didn't want to talk to him, according to Us Weekly.

A source said Kim felt like West had bailed on her and that "she felt like she needed him to be stable and her rock instead of the other way around".

While Kardashian, who suffered nightmares and flashbacks, was "disappointed at the lack of support" from her husband after the October 3 heist, he himself was struggling to deal with the terrifying incident.

The "near death" experience reportedly left West "completely freaked out" and the fact that it happened near the nine-year anniversary of the loss of his mother Donda only deepened the rapper's distress. has contacted a spokesperson for Kardashian for comment.

Kardashian got the emergency call just as she'd landed in New York informing her that Kanye, who reportedly hadn't slept in a week, was acting "paranoid and psychotic and struggling to identify what was real".

Kanye was at trainer Harley Pasternak's home who put the call in to his doctor who then called 911 for Kanye, telling the operator the star was suffering a 'temporary psychosis'.

It seems the E! star is now hoping that West's hospitalisation and well needed break will save their marriage.

"Kim is relieved he is getting the help he needs," a source told Us Weekly.

The rapper and father of two was admitted to Resnick Neuropsychiatric ward at UCLA over a week ago.

According to TMZ, West suffered a "nervous breakdown triggered in large part by the anniversary of his mother's death".

Donda died at the age of 58 after suffering complications from elective surgery. Her funeral was November 20 - the same day Kanye cancelled his show at the L.A. Forum.

The following day West cancelled the rest of his tour and was later taken to hospital.

The rapper - who has always been a slave to his work - has reportedly been asking his wife Kim if he can have music equipment at his bedside and see his Yeezy fashion designs, but the Keeping Up With the Kardashians star has told him he must focus on getting better.

A source told Us Weekly: "Kanye keeps wanting to work. At the hospital, he requested that recording equipment be brought to the hospital so he can record in his bed."

"And he has kept asking to see sketches of his fashion lines. He continues to want to work and Kim has to keep telling him to rest."

It was reported on Tuesday that Kim has not yet taken their two children North, three and Saint, 11-months to visit their father.

"She is very worried about the kids being around Kanye," an insider revealed.

Since his admission, doctors have been keeping a constant eye on the rapper as they're worried for his mental state and his safety.

An insider recently said: 'In the hospital he has been very paranoid and is under constant watch for his safety.

"He's still there because clearly he's not doing well. Kim does spend hours with Kanye every day. She says that Kanye is on many different medications and that his doctors are figuring out proper doses.

"Kim says that not much has changed since he was admitted and that his doctors seem concerned."