An ideal summer dish for the barbeque. The perfect fish is a pan-size snapper but cod and gurnard are also tasty.
|1||Whole snapper, with head and tail removed (Main)|
|1 Tbsp||Ginger, minced|
|1 Tbsp||Garlic, crushed|
|1 cup||Soy sauce|
|1||Spring onion, chopped|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Cut each side of the fish in a criss-cross pattern, add salt and pepper and sesame oil.
- Mix soya sauce, garlic and ginger.
- Heat wok on a high flame, add sesame oil and heat until oil starts to smoke.
- Place fish in wok and turn once skin has gone crispy and brown.
- Pour in soya, ginger and garlic mix and cook for another five minutes, turning once.
- Add spring onion and sesame seeds just before serving.
- Enjoy with a crisp riesling.