Short textured with a little chew, these biscuits are not particularly sweet. I make these using unsalted butter but it’s not a necessity.
|150 g||Butter, softened|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 cup||Plain flour|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|½ cup||Rolled oats, (porridge oats)|
|1 cup||Walnut pieces, roughly chopped (Main)|
|2 pieces||Stem ginger, (preserved ginger in syrup), sliced and cut into small pieces (Main)|
|1 handful||Raw sugar, for sprinkling|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat the oven to 180C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat well.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the rolled oats, walnuts and stem ginger and fold in.
- Using a tablespoondrop mixture on to the prepared trays, leaving space between each oneto allow for spreading during baking. Quickly roll each into around,the mixture is quite stickyso just a quick roll to shape then gently flattentoabout 1cm thick. Sprinkle each with a little raw sugar.
- Place in the oven and bake for 16-18 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool before storing in an airtight container.