|5 Tbsp||Short grain rice (Main)|
|2 Tbsp||Caster sugar|
|4 leaves||Mint leaves|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 160C. Grease a 750ml baking dish. In a bowl combine the rice and sugar then tip into the dish.
- Pour over the milk. Split the vanilla bean and scrape the seeds into the cream, add the egg, whisk all together and add to the dish.
- Gently press the cardamom pods but don't release the seeds and bury in the rice.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stir then continue cooking for another hour.
- Peel the mandarins, removing as much pith as possible, mix with the liqueur and put in a bowl. Shred the mint leaves and scatter over the mandarins.