Serve as a salad with fresh bread or as a side dish with pan-fried fish fillets. Add some semi-roasted tomatoes for extra flavour.
|200 g||Fregola sarda (or Israeli couscous) (Main)|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|500 g||Tomatoes, ripe, choose from large beefsteak, red and yellow cherry, heriloom and roma varieties (Main)|
|2 handfuls||Wild rocket|
|1||Egg, yolk only|
|1 handful||Wild rocket|
|1||Garlic clove, crushed|
|1||Lemon, use 1 Tbsp of juice|
|½ cup||Olive oil|
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the Israeli couscous and boil for 5-6 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water. Drain again, then fork through the olive oil.
- Wash and dry the tomatoes, then cut them into pieces or slices.
- Place ¾ of the Israeli couscous in a large shallow serving bowl (or use a flat plate), scatter with some wild rocket, then the tomatoes. Finish with the remaining Israeli couscous and wild rocket.
- To make the aioli, place the wild rocket in a food processor and process until roughly chopped. Add the egg yolk, garlic and lemon juice. Process until combined. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil through the feed tube until the rocket aioli is creamy. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour into a jar or small bowl, cover and place in the refrigerator.
- Drizzle over rocket aioli or serve the aioli separately in a small bowl.