Let them run together during baking and break apart to eat. Makes about 10.
|2 ½ cups||Flour (Main)|
|3 tsp||Baking powder|
|125 g||Butter, cold, cut in small cubes|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 cup||Sultanas, or raisins|
|½ cup||Milk, full cream|
|2 Tbsp||Sugar, for topping, vanilla sugar is good here|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Line a swiss roll tin (or similar) with baking paper.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Add butter and working quickly and lightly, rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add caster sugar and sultanas and mix well, then make a well in the centre.
- Combine the eggs and milk, then pour into flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Drop dessertspoonfuls of mixture in the swiss roll tin ensuring they are just touching each other. Sprinkle each with sugar and place in the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Remove sultana buns from the oven and place in a clean tea towel.
- Serve warm with butter and a little jam if wished.