Coconut Rice Pudding
|2 cups||Coconut milk (Main)|
|¼ cup||Short grain rice|
|2 tsp||Oranges, finely grated rind|
|½ cup||Plain unsweetened yoghurt|
|½ cup||Maple syrup|
|6||Tamarillos, peeled and halved lengthwise (Main)|
|1 pinch||Chinese five spice|
|¼ cup||Red wine|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- To make the pudding, put coconut milk, cow's milk, sugar and rice in a saucepan.
- Split vanilla pod lengthways and scrape seeds into the milk with the pod.
- Add orange rind. Simmer for about 25 minutes, until thick. Cool, then chill.
- Meanwhile, put tamarillos in a saucepan with maple syrup, red wine and five-spice.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, until the tamarillos are cooked.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to a serving dish.
- Boil the syrup until thickened and pour over the tamarillos. Cool.
- Before serving, fold the yoghurt into the rice pudding.
- Serve the pudding in individual dishes topped with 1 or 2 tamarillo halves and some syrup.