|100 g||Butter, (softened)|
|375 g||Puff pastry|
|½ tsp||Ground mace|
|4 cm||Ginger, (peeled and finely chopped)|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, (to season)|
|1||Boneless salmon fillet, (approximately 600g)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Roll the pastry out thinly then transfer to a lightly floured tray and chill for 15 mins.
- Combine the butter, currants, mace and ginger. Season.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge. Halve the salmon. Lay one half on the pastry, spread with the butter then top with the other half of the salmon.
- Whisk the egg with a fork and brush the sides of the pastry, reserving egg to brush the outside as well.
- Wrap the salmon with the pastry to form a parcel, folding in the ends. Turn over on the tray so the join is facing down, then brush all over with the remaining egg.
- Chill the salmon for 30 mins while preheating the oven to 200C. Bake for 25 mins or until pastry is golden brown. Rest for 15 mins minimum, before slicing.