|Freshly ground salt and pepper||to taste|
|2 Tbsp||finely chopped (green) spring onion|
|2 Tbsp||lemon juice|
|2 Tbsp||sour cream|
|1/2||small telegraph cucumber|
|Butter or table spread||for bread|
|15 slices||white sandwich bread|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Place the salmon in a frying pan. Cover with cold water or fish stock. Season and add some fresh herbs, if preferred. Slowly bring to boiling point. Poach for 3-4 minutes, until cooked. Remove from the pan and place on paper towels to drain and cool.
- Remove the skin and any bones. Flake the salmon. Place in a bowl and mix with the spring onion, lemon juice, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Peel the cucumber. Using a vegetable peeler, cut into long thin slices. Turn the cucumber constantly. Discard the centre with the seeds.
- Butter 1 slice of bread. Arrange a single layer of cucumber on it, then top with some of the sprouts. Butter another bread slice and place it on top. Top with the salmon, spreading well, but no more than 1cm thick. Butter a final slice of bread and place it over the salmon, pressing gently. Repeat to make 5 stacks.
- Using a serrated knife, remove the crusts and slice into squares.