|1 kg||Hapuka fillet, (bones removed but skin left on) (Main)|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 tsp||Butter, (plus extra)|
|1||Freshly ground black pepper|
|500 g||Frozen peas|
|1 cup||Chicken stock|
|1||Gourmet potato, (boiled)|
|½ cup||White wine|
|1 Tbsp||Shallots, (finely chopped)|
|100 g||Butter, (cubed)|
|1||Salt, (to season)|
|1 tsp||Lemon juice|
|1||White pepper, (to season)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Cut the fish into four fillets.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Heat a fry pan and add the oil and butter.
- Add the fish skin down and press for 30 seconds to flatten the skin. Continue cooking for two minutes. Transfer to a roasting dish.
- Slice the leek into thin rings and arrange around the fish. Season well and drizzle with extra olive oil.
- Roast for 8 minutes then let rest, covered for a few minutes.
- Pour the peas into a saucepan, add stock, season and add cream. Bring to a boil and cook until tender.
- Do not overcook - the colour needs to remain vibrant. Mash slightly keeping texture coarse.
- To make the beurre blanc, simmer the shallots and wine until the wine has nearly disappeared and the shallots are soft.
- Over a moderate heat whisk the butter in a cube at a time, quickly so you have a creamy, not oily sauce.
- Season with the lemon juice, salt and pepper. Keep in a warm place until ready to use.
- Serve the peas on the plate topped with the leeks and fish, then spoon over the sauce and serve with simply boiled gourmet potatoes on the side.