|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 Tbsp||Walnut oil|
|4 handfuls||Rocket leaves|
|1 Tbsp||Dijon mustard|
|2 pieces||Streaky bacon, (finely diced)|
|3 tsp||Red wine vinegar|
|½ tsp||Brown sugar|
|¼ cup||Olive oil|
|1||Freshly ground black pepper|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Score the duck skin with a sharp knife and season with salt.
- Set a rack over an oven dish. Place the duck skin side down and cook for 10 minutes then turn over and repeat. Let cool.
- Peel the shallots. Divide the garlic and peel. Toss together with the olive and walnut oils, season and roast for 30 minutes, tossing occasionally to prevent sticking, until soft and golden.
- To make the dressing, fry the bacon then when crispy, remove and set aside. Reserve the fat.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients together while adding the bacon fat. Season.
- Add the rocket to the dressing, turn gently then plate. Arrange slices of duck with the shallots and garlic.