I have filled one of the sections in the gift box above with these meringues. See below for more Christmas edible gift ideas. To test to see if the sugar has dissolved in the beaten mixture, rub a little between your finger tips. Still a little grainy? Then continue to beat, until smooth.
|3||Egg whites (Main)|
|1 tsp||Freeze-dried raspberry powder, use up to 2 tsp|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat the oven to 120°C. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- Place the egg whites in a clean bowl. Beat until soft peaks form. Add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating continuously until firm peaks form.
- Lightly fold in about 1½ teaspoons of the raspberry powder ensuring it remains in a ripple effect.
- Spoon into a large piping bag. Pipe into 2-3cm rounds onto the baking paper. Sprinkle with a little more raspberry powder.
- Bake for 1½ hours, until they lift off the paper without sticking. Turn the oven off, and leave the meringues to cool with the door open.
- Store the cooled meringues in an airtight container. These can be enjoyed 'as is' or sandwiched together with whipped cream.