Louise slice is made with berries and jam and covered with meringue to become a bit more like a combination of queen pudding and louise slice, renamed Queen Louise.
|1 ¼ cups||Self raising flour (Main)|
|3 Tbsp||Caster sugar|
|1 cup||Mixed berries, fresh or frozen|
|2 Tbsp||Berry jam|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|½ cup||Desiccated coconut|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line a 20 x 30cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and caster sugar together until pale.
- Beat in the egg yolks one at a time then stir in the flour.
- Press into the lined tin and bake for 15 minutes.
- Spread the jam over the cooled base then top with the berries.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, add the sugar and keep beating until glossy.
- Fold in the coconut. Spoon the meringue over the berries and bake for a further 25 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool before cutting into pieces.