Whipped coconut cream
|400 g||Coconut cream (Main)|
|3 Tbsp||Icing sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence|
|2 Tbsp||Custard powder|
|400 ml||Coconut milk|
|3 Tbsp||White rum|
|2 slices||Fresh pineapple, or canned (Main)|
|12||Small baked tartlet shells (Main)|
|½ cup||Toasted desiccated coconut|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Chill the can of coconut cream overnight.
- Next day, scoop the solid coconut cream into a bowl. Add the icing sugar and vanilla essence. Beat until whipped. Chill until required. It will solidify so remove from the fridge 5 minutes before serving. It will keep for 2-3 weeks covered in the fridge.
- To make the custard, place the custard powder, sugar and water in a microwave-proof bowl, stirring until smooth. Add the coconut milk. Microwave on high power for 2 minutes, stir well then continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, until thickened. Stir well. Cool. Stir in the rum. Refrigerate for up to 2 days if required.
- Pat the pineapple dry and grill or pan-fry in a ridged frying pan. Cut into 2cm pieces. Cool.
- Fill the tartlet shells with the custard. Top with pieces of pineapple and a swirl of piped whipped coconut cream. Sprinkle with the toasted coconut.