|⅓ cup||Plain flour|
|2 ½ cups||Desiccated coconut|
|⅔ cup||Condensed milk|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract|
Passionfruit ice cream
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|¾ cup||Passionfruit pulp, and juice (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- To make the biscuits, preheat oven to 180C and grease an oven tray.
- Combine the flour, coconut and salt. Make a well in the mix and pour in the condensed milk and the vanilla. Stir well.
- Drop spoonfuls on to the tray. Wet the back of a spoon and spread the mixture quite thinly.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Store in an airtight container until required.
- For the ice cream, beat the egg yolks until very pale in the bowl of a food processor or using electric beaters.
- In a small saucepan, over a medium heat, dissolve the sugar in the passionfruit and simmer for 3-4 minutes, while stirring.
- With the beaters (or motor) going, pour the hot syrup on to the yolks and continue to beat until the mixture is cool.
- Lightly whip the cream and gently but thoroughly fold through.
- Freeze for at least 5 hours or overnight. Serve sandwiched between the coconut biscuits.