This is extra good served with freshly cooked fish fillets.
For the polenta
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil, plus 2 Tbsp for pan-frying|
|¾ cup||Instant polenta|
For the tomatoes
|1 to drizzle||Mexican salsa, Use store-bought Mexian salsa such as Tierra Brava salsa verde|
|600 g||Tomatoes, use up to 800g mixed ripe tomatoes. Chosen from large beefsteak tomatoes, roma tomatoes, yellow and red cherry tomatoes, heirloom varieties. (Main)|
- In a large saucepan bring water, ½ Tbsp oil and salt to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and slowly whisk in polenta, continuing to whisk for 5 minutes, until thick.
- Pour into a slice/swiss roll tin lined with baking paper and spread evenly (keeping polenta at least 1cm thick).
- Brush with remaining oil, cover and place in refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour until set. (Polenta can be left in refrigerator overnight).
- Remove polenta from refrigerator and cut into small even-sized wedges.
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan. Pan-fry polenta wedges on both sides until golden brown, 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and dry the tomatoes, then cut them into slices or pieces.
- Arrange tomatoes on 6 large plates (keeping them as flat as possible), place on some polenta wedges and drizzle with salsa verde. Serve extra salsa separately.