Picnic lunches don't have to be a bland affair. A batch of these sourdough sandwiches make a delicious deli-style treat.
|1 loaf||Sourdough bread (Main)|
|1 clove||Garlic clove|
|1||Ham on the bone, (off the bone optional)|
|1 leaf||Fresh basil|
|1||Artichoke, (marinated halfs)|
|1||Sea salt flakes|
|1||Freshly ground black pepper|
|1 to drizzle||Extra virgin olive oil|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Slice the top off the bread. Pull out most of the centre of the bread and reserve for making breadcrumbs.
- Cut the garlic clove in half and rub all over the inside.
- Using as much of each ingredient as you desire, layer each filling inside the bread, pressing down as you go, season intermittently. Be generous with the filling and fill right to the top.
- Lastly drizzle with oil and replace the top of the loaf.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and leave overnight in the fridge, weighted down.
- Unwrap and slice before serving.