This soup will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat gently.
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|2||Celery stalks, finely chopped|
|2||Medium potatoes, diced|
|4 cups||Chicken stock|
|250 g||Mixed mushrooms, stems removed (Main)|
|200 g||Blue cheese, mild, chopped (Main)|
|½ cup||Cream, use up to 3/4 cup|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Peel the carrot and onion and roughly chop.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Place the celery, carrot and onion in the saucepan. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until the vegetables to begin to sweat.
- Add the potatoes and stock. Roughly chop the mushrooms and add to the saucepan. Bring to the boil. Cover and simmer on low heat for 1 hour.
- Turn off the heat and add the blue cheese. Leave for 10 minutes to melt. Place the soup in a food processor (in batches if required) and blend.
- When ready to serve add a little cream to the soup and reheat gently. Season.