|200 g||Plain flour (Main)|
|1 cup||Fresh breadcrumbs|
|1 cup||Light brown sugar|
|1||Orange, finely grated rind only|
|1 medium||Carrot, shredded|
|400 g||Dried fruit, mixed (Main)|
|200 g||Coconut oil|
|2 Tbsp||Blackstrap molasses|
|2 large||Eggs, lightly beaten|
|200 ml||Stout, or use lemonade|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Lightly grease 10-12 dariole moulds or small ramekins (no 1 size) and line the bases with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Combine the dry ingredients and the wet separately. Stir the wet into the dry. Mix well.
- Spoon into the prepared moulds. Place in a large roasting pan. Pour hot water into the pan to halfway up the sides of the moulds. Cover tightly with foil.
- Carefully lift into the oven and bake for 1¼ hours. Remove the roasting pan from the oven and allow the puds to cool in the water.
- Remove the puds from their moulds and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks or freeze.
- Reheat in the microwave before serving. Great served with brandy sauce, custard or whipped cream.