Crisp cos lettuce, crunchy croutons, shredded chicken and a light vinaigrette round out this festive salad. Cut your croutons from a French baguette or similar crusty loaf.
|2 cups||diced bread|
|3 Tbsp||olive oil|
|1/4 tsp||flaky sea salt|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
|1 large||cos lettuce|
|2 cups (225g)||coarsely shredded cooked chicken|
|1/2 cup||your fave vinaigrette|
|2||roasted red capsicums (from a jar)|
|1/2 cup||pitted Kalamata olives|
|2 Tbsp||rinsed and drained capers|
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Toss the croutons in the olive oil. Place on an oven tray. Season. Bake for 2 minutes, stir well and continue baking until crisp, about 2-3 minutes. Cool.
- Tear the lettuce into 4-5cm pieces. Wash then crisp in the fridge while preparing the remainder.
- Drizzle the chicken and bocconcini with a little vinaigrette.
- Drain the capsicums well. Cut into thin strips. Pat dry.
- Place the cos in a shallow serving bowl. Top with the chicken, bocconcini, capsicums, olives, capers and croutons. Serve the dressing on the side.