Make your own sponge cake or use a bought unfilled sponge.
|1||Sponge cake, cut into two layers horizontally (Main)|
|1 packet||Raspberry jelly crystals (Main)|
|1 cup||Boiling water|
|1 cup||Desiccated coconut (Main)|
|1 can||Lychees (Main)|
|2 Tbsp||Icing sugar|
- Dissolve the jelly crystals in the boiling water in a flan dish. Cool then chill until almost set.
- Dip the top and sides of each sponge layer into the jelly, coating well. Sprinkle with the coconut. Chill to set.
- Drain the lychees well. Reserving the juice. Pat the lychees dry then dice six.
- Whip the cream and icing sugar until thick. Fold in the diced lychees.
- Place one sponge layer on a flat serving plate, jelly side down. Brush the top with a little of the reserved lychee juice. Top with the cream mixture. Cover with the second sponge layer, jelly side up. Garnish with the remaining lychees sprinkled with a little coconut. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 day for the flavours to develop.