Makes 1 x 20cm cake.
|1 cup||Caster sugar|
|250 g||Butter, softened|
|¼ cup||Lemon juice|
|1 Tbsp||Lemon, zest of|
|200 g||Plain unsweetened yoghurt, thick|
|½ cup||Semolina flour|
|2 ½ cups||Self raising flour|
|½ cup||Liquid honey|
|3 Tbsp||Mint leaves, shredded|
|3 Tbsp||Lemons, zest of|
|½ cup||Lemon juice|
|1 to serve||Cream, or yoghurt to serve|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease the tin and line the base.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Beat in the lemon juice and zest then fold in the yoghurt.
- Combine the semolina and flour and fold in. Pour into the tin and bake for approximately 45 minutes. Test with a skewer. Turn out on to a rack and cool.
- To make the syrup, simmer all the ingredients together for 5 minutes then remove the cinnamon stick.
- Prick the surface of the cake with a skewer and spoon over the syrup, arranging the mint and lemon. Serve with cream or yoghurt.