|½ tsp||Baking powder|
|1 cup||Cornmeal, or finely ground polenta (Main)|
|½ cup||Plain flour|
|½ tsp||Baking soda|
|3||Spring onions, finely chopped|
|¾ cup||Buttermilk, up to 1 cup|
|1 to fry||Canola oil|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add springs onions and egg. Slowly add buttermilk to make a dropping-consistency batter. Mix well.
- Heat enough oil for deep frying in a saucepan.
- Drop dessert spoonfuls in batches into the hot oil and cook until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Great served with fried fish, lemon wedges and tomato chutney.