|2||Orange kumara, peeled and sliced into rounds, halved if too large (Main)|
|3 fillets||Fish, hapuku or similar firm fish (Main)|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
|2||Lemons, cut into 12 wedges|
|12||Bay leaves, fresh|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Char the whole peppers over an open flame while turning, until the skin is black all over.
- Place into a paper bag and close to let steam for 15 minutes.
- Peel off the skin, remove the core and seeds then slice.
- Boil the kumara rounds until just tender then cool.
- Slice the fish into pieces. Put into a bowl and toss with 1 Tbsp of olive oil, season.
- If using wooden skewers, rosemary stalks or lemon branches soak in cold water for 30 minutes before using.
- Thread the ingredients on to the skewers, alternating the bay leaves, fish, kumara, lemon and slices of pepper.
- Brush all over with olive oil before cooking on a hot plate for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Very good served with a little aioli on the side.