|600 g||Boneless salmon fillets|
|½ cup||Fresh dill|
|¼ cup||Vodka (Main)|
|1||Freshly ground black pepper, (to season)|
|1 to serve||Lime, (or lemon)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Remove the bones from the salmon using tweezers.
- In a bowl combine the salt, sugar, dill and vodka. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean and add. Stir well, then rub all over the flesh of the salmon.
- Lay the salmon in a dish, flesh side facing down and spoon over any remaining mixture.
- Wrap the plastic wrap down the sides of the dish and tightly across the fish, then put weights on top - a couple of heavy tins should do it - and refrigerate for a minimum of 24 hours or up to 4 days.
- Remove and slice very thinly before serving with slices of rye bread and a little sour cream and pepper.