If you were thinking the popularity of the gluten-free diet might be waning, think again. It is still trending upwards.
|1 cup||Brown sugar|
|¾ cup||Grapeseed oil|
|1 cup||Gluten-free flour mix|
|½ tsp||Baking soda|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 tsp||Mixed spice|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence|
|1 ½ cups||Carrots, coarsely grated (Main)|
Cream cheese icing
|75 g||Cream cheese, softened|
|½ tsp||Vanilla essence|
|1 ¼ cups||Icing sugar, sifted|
|¼ cup||Sunflower seeds|
|¼ cup||Pumpkin seeds|
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 20cm round cake pan with baking paper.
- Cream sugar and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Beat in oil, until smooth.
- Combine dry ingredients and sift into wet ingredients. Stir until blended. Stir in vanilla essence, grated carrots and sultanas. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Cream icing sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Spread over cold cake. Sprinkle with seeds.