This is a microwave recipe but you can also steam the pudding in a basin for about 2 hours.
|1 cup||Dried figs, 175g, diced, ready-to-eat (Main)|
|¾ cup||Pitted dates, diced|
|¾ cup||Pitted prunes|
|½ cup||Plain flour|
|1 Tbsp||Dark cocoa powder|
|2 tsp||Mixed spice|
|1 cup||Breadcrumbs, fresh|
|¼ cup||Brown sugar|
|50 g||Butter, grated|
|1 large||Egg, lightly beaten|
|1 Tbsp||Golden syrup|
|1 Tbsp||Apricot jam|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Lightly grease a 4-cup pudding basin.
- Combine the dried fruit in a large bowl. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and mixed spice. Add the breadcrumbs, brown sugar and butter. Mix with a large fork. Whisk the liquid ingredients and stir in.
- Spoon into the pudding basin. Cover the bowl with baking paper and tie with string. Make a slit in the top.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes (700 watts). Stand for 5 minutes. Cook a further 3 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool then cover and refrigerate for up to 4 months.
- To serve, warm the pudding in the microwave and flame with warmed brandy. Great served with salted caramel sauce.