The cobbler originates from America - the fruit filling is covered with a cake batter and baked in the oven. This recipe uses cardamom spice to complement the sweetness of the feijoa.
|1 cup||Plain flour|
|¼ cup||Granulated white sugar|
|100 g||Butter, softened|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 tsp||Ground cardamom|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Spoon the feijoas and their juice into the bottom of four pudding bowls.
- Into a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt and cardamom.
- Stir in sugar, then rub in the butter using your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Slowly add a little milk and gently stir to make a soft dough.
- Spoon dollops over the fruit but not covering so the fruit is visible in places.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve while hot with lashings of custard.