Prepare up to two days in advance.
|1 cup||Orange juice (Main)|
|3 Tbsp||Apricot jam, or marmalade|
|3 Tbsp||Orange liqueur|
|6||Navel oranges (Main)|
|1 ¼ cups||Water|
|1 Tbsp||Caster sugar|
- Simmer the orange juice and the jam in a saucepan until the mixture is reduced by half. Stir in the liqueur and cool.
- Thinly peel two oranges and reserve the peel for the garnish.
- Peel the remaining oranges, removing as much pith as possible. Place the oranges in a bowl and pour the cooled sauce over them. Chill.
- To prepare the garnish, cut the reserved peel into very thin strips. Bring 1 cup of the water to the boil, add the peel and simmer for 8 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Bring the remaining ¼ cup of water to the boil. Stir in the sugar, until dissolved. Add the peel and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Toss in the caster sugar. Reserve the syrup and add to the oranges when cool.
- Top each orange with a little peel. Excellent served with créme fraiche.
See more of Jan's citrus recipes