|300 g||Asparagus, trimmed (Main)|
|3 Tbsp||Olive oil, light|
|¼ cup||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|½ cup||Panko breadcrumbs|
|¼ cup||Plain flour|
|3||Tomatoes, large ripe, finely diced|
|1||Shallot, finely diced|
|1 Tbsp||Red wine vinegar|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh coriander, finely chopped|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Set up three dishes, one for flour, one for the egg and one for crumbs.
- Combine the parmesan, cornmeal and panko crumbs.
- Roll the asparagus in the flour.
- Dip each spear into the egg then roll in the crumb mixture.
- Heat a fry pan, add the oil and when hot cook the asparagus until golden, turning frequently.
- To make the salsa; combine all ingredients and season. Let sit for at least 1 hour to allow the flavours to amalgamate.