About 8 husks - the leaves that directly cover the corn kernels - are used to hold the batter. Or use paper cases.
|1 cup||Whole kernel sweetcorn (Main)|
|1 cup||Courgette, grated (Main)|
|1 cup||Tasty cheese, shredded|
|1 ½ tsp||Baking powder|
|½ cup||Canola oil|
|1 tsp||Smoked paprika|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Choose husks that are free from blemishes and trim ends. Wash well and place in a bowl. Pour boiling water over to soften. Drain and pat dry. Tear lengthwise into 4cm-wide strips.
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Lightly grease 8-9 holes of a muffin pan. Place 2 or 3 strips of corn husk in each muffin hole at right angles to each other, crossing them at the base so the husks cover most of the sides of the holes.
- Combine the corn, courgette and cheese in a large bowl. Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt and pepper to taste and mix. Make a well in the centre.
- Lightly beat the oil, sugar and eggs. Pour into the well and stir just enough to moisten the dry ingredients.
- Fill each lined muffin hole with the mixture. Dust with the paprika.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until cooked and golden.
- Freeze if required and reheat in the microwave.