|6 Tbsp||Cocoa powder, (gluten free)|
|⅓ cup||Water, hot|
|1 Tbsp||Instant coffee|
|2 Tbsp||Water, hot, extra|
|100 g||Ground hazelnuts (Main)|
|6 Tbsp||Caster sugar|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat the oven to 180degC. Line an 8-hole cupcake pan with paper cases.
- Combine the cocoa powder with the hot water in a large bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Dissolve the instant coffee in the two tbsp of hot water.
- Add to the cocoa with the hazelnuts, caster sugar and egg yolks. Mix well.
- Using an electric beater, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold into the cocoa mixture with a metal spoon, until combined.
- Spoon into the paper cases. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Great served with berries and dusted with icing sugar