This flourless cake is not too heavy but is still luscious. Serve it alone with cream or fresh berries or make a simple berry coulis from frozen fruit.
|200 g||Dark chocolate, chopped (Main)|
|¾ cup||Caster sugar|
|2 tsp||Vanilla extract|
|1 Tbsp||Cocoa powder|
|1 ½ cups||Ground almonds (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 170C. Grease and lightly flour a cake tin.
- Melt the chocolate over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir gently until the chocolate becomes smooth.
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla until pale.
- Add the egg yolks one at a time with a spoonful of chocolate. Fold gently after each addition until the chocolate has been used.
- Whisk the egg whites to a soft peak.
- Sift the cocoa and ground almonds together. Fold all ingredients together.
- Spoon into the baking tin and cook for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer is removed clean.