|½ Tbsp||Butter, softened|
|2 tsp||Vanilla extract|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|680 g||Morello cherries, pitted (1 jar) (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Butter a 22cm springform tin thoroughly. Find a shallow baking dish to fit the tin and also line with baking paper.
- Slice the croissants and place in a bowl.
- In a second bowl, whisk the eggs, vanilla, sugar, milk and cream until well combined. Pour over the croissants and combine with your hands then leave to soak for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Drain the cherries and reserve the juice.
- Press half of the croissant mixture into the tin. Roughly break up the cherries and scatter over - then top with the remaining mixture. Press down and top with remaining cherries. Sit the tin in the lined baking dish to catch any liquid. Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until set.
- Pour the cherry juice into a pan and boil until reduced by half - approximately 15 minutes. Serve spooned over the warm cake.