|3 cups||Fresh cherries, (or use tinned cherries that have been drained) (Main)|
|1 tsp||Lemon, (finely grated zest of)|
|1 Tbsp||Butter, (softened)|
|1 cup||Whole milk|
|⅓ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 to serve||Icing sugar|
|½ cup||Plain flour|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Combine the cherries, kirsch and lemon and let stand for a ½ hour.
- Grease a 20cm round baking dish with the softened butter.
- Place the milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt and flour into a blender and blend for 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture into the dish, then spoon over the cherries and juice.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until puffed and golden. Dust liberally with icing sugar, serve hot.