A Mexican dessert - individual raisin and pecan bread puddings scented with cinnamon and vanilla.
|1 to grease||Butter, softened|
|1 loaf||Brioche, approx 350g (Main)|
|1 slice||Lemon, zest|
|1 slice||Orange, zest|
|½||Granny Smith apples, grated|
|¼ cup||Pecans, toasted|
|1 to serve||Cream|
|¼ cup||Raisins (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 170C. Grease individual moulds or ramekins thoroughly.
- Cut the crusts off the bread and slice to fit the moulds or dish.
- In a saucepan, add the milk, cream and sherry. Split the vanilla pod and scrape the seeds into the saucepan.
- Add the cinnamon, star anise, cloves and zest. Gently warm for 10 minutes to infuse the flavours. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk the eggs and add to the mixture along with the apple. Chop the pecans and raisins, then add, stirring together.
- Pour this mixture over the bread then bake approximately 15 minutes for individual dishes, 25 minutes for one dish, or until set and golden.
- Serve with cream.